Monday, March 1, 2010

That Didn't Take Long At All


via Mociun

My poor saintly friends! They spent a good chunk of the weekend befuddled by my ability to hoard everything in sight and annoyed by my reluctance to purge in preparation for my move. Mami, in particular, remarked how ridiculous my habit was.

For some reason, I thought the move would be easier. I envisioned getting rid of non-necessities and leaving only with items that I love, use, and cannot replace. In my mind, I thought this would be a perfect way to begin this journey abroad -- pared down, bare, free. How easy is that?

In reality, however, my furniture was the least of my concerns. I had boxes and boxes full of clothing and shoes. Most of those boxes are en route to Los Angeles as I write. Others sit in my friend's storage, waiting to be reviewed and purged one last time in April, before my move to Phnom Penh.

Enough, I thought.

At the heels of this move (literally, not even a day) and in light of the sunshine that blinded me this morning, my hoarding eye has already set sights on pretty spring things ... like Mociun's new collection which is bright and silky. And dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...