Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Portland Blues, Quiet Time




This is the lull between moves, the precious few weeks that can be languidly wasted, relatively guilt-free, before I meticulously plan my move to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. In the back of my mind, I know there are lists to be made and items to be checked off: vaccinations, anti-malaria pills, evacuation insurance, a home, new bank accounts, additional blank pages on my passport, etc.

And, of course, there is the dreaded packing list.

But this week, I am going to enjoy catching up with old friends: Cherlou at the Temper Trap concert (a late birthday present); afternoon tea in Pasadena with Noosha; baby shower madness with Desiree, Joee, and Carmel; drinks with Adrian; maybe even the Rosebowl Flea Market.

I'm settling into my Los Angeles life as best as I can, still complaining, however, about the unexplicable absence of "proper" independently-owned coffee shops. How do people live?

Another observation: The sun shines here, for what appears to be all day. Brightly. It is all very odd.

(The pictures above are random Portland shots, one of the doggie park in my old neighborhood-- Not exactly related to this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...