Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monsoons and Muggings

Becki suggested that alternate title for the blog, given my (hopefully ridiculous) preoccupation with potential muggings in Phnom Penh and my fascination with monsoon season. In truth, when considering whether to purchase or pack an item for my move, I now ask the baseline question: "Will this get me mugged?"

Apparently, there is an increase in muggings in Phnom Penh, especially in the BKK area where many expats reside. Women are cautioned not to walk around at night with a purse. (I suppose that answers my question about my Mayle bags.) I was chided for riding on the back of a motorbike with mine. Silly tourist.

Don't wear anything that will elicit too much attention, they say. What exactly does that mean?

Nonetheless, my love of Rachel Comey clog shoes-boots has me looking at this:




via Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...