I'm exhausted and a little ragged from attempting this whole work/life/baby balance thing. Frivolous distractions are welcome. Plus, aren't they healthy at this point? Rugs from Bohem.
My foray into expat life in Cambodia (and back), one glorious haphazard step at a time
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) water
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) dry or sweet white wine
- 5 slices (15 g) fresh ginger, unpeeled
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup (100 - 160 g) honey
- 2-pounds (1 kg) rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3-inch batons, about 1/2 –inch wide
- 1 pound (450 g) strawberries, hulled and quartered
In a large saucepan, heat the water, wine, ginger, sugar, and honey (use the smaller amount if you think you might want it less-sweet.)
When all the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is simmering, add the rhubarb and let the rhubarb cook in the simmering syrup until it’s just softened, which may take as little as 5 minutes, depending on the rhubarb. Remove from heat and add the strawberries. When cool, pluck out the ginger slices.
Serve warm or room temperature.