Sunday, June 23, 2013

Habits, pt. 1






For those days when I don't have to attend a meeting that requires dressing up, I have reverted to a work uniform, which takes most thought out of dressing: same old shoes, same necklace (more or less), and either a dress/shift or rolled up jeans and a top.  The last photo is of a shift I made during my last Cambodian tailor trip. I found the silk, just two and a half yards, at my favorite Toul Tumpong (Russian Market) stall.

My first day at work, my boss took me to coffee and, as he went over the obligatory introduction to the organization and human resources policies, I asked about dress code.  He said, "We don't care what you look like at work. We only care about your brain."

7 comments:

  1. Those sandals are fantastic!! As is the skirt in that first photo. Love how your style has evolved, and lets you show off all of those wonderful travel experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becki! Thanks. It's weird living with such a comparatively pared down wardrobe - after the luggage being stolen and also being accustomed to living off the limited clothes I brought with me to Asia. But I've found it to be way more simple. Or, I have just become super lazy. Maybe both. As I rebuild my wardrobe, I think I'll be choosier too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dress code is pretty relaxed here at work too! It's a non-profit after all, and we share the office with a public health firm. But our building is smacked in between all these financial and law firms, so when you get out, I get this weird feeling in my stomach. Haha! Glad that you're acclimating to you new city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Eunice btw who lef the comment above. Woops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I totally get that feeling when I'm getting to and from work. All these suits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That necklace is gorgeous! And no, not really simple at all. I just meant that her materials often seem simple for the price, like Object and Totem (brass, yarn, ceramic, etc)., but are so perfectly done that they are worth the $$$ though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your necklace! And no, not simple at all. I just meant that her materials sometimes seem simple for the price, kinda like Object & Totem (brass, ceramic, yarn, etc)... but they are so perfectly done that they are worth the $$$.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...