Tuesday, May 22, 2012

mission accomplished.


I am not a planner.  Not at all. 

Yet, I've been scheming and plotting to throw Ethan a surprise party for the past two weeks.  It was initially planned as a surprise boat party, but the rainy season has arrived in Cambodia, and I decided not to chance it.  Last minute, I scrapped the boat party idea and opted for a small dinner party instead.

And it all worked out, without a hitch!  Except several guests were late and I had to slow us down as we made our way to the restaurant by dawdling in other restaurants along the way, stopping at the ATM, stopping at a coffee shop, and feigning sickness.

It was a fun boozy night.   Yay for me!

With that accomplished, I am staring down the barrel of the month of June.  JUNE?!   I have to wrap up things  at work and complete my consultancy before I board a plane to Indonesia in seven weeks!   Oh, and I forgot: I also need to pack up my house.  

5 comments:

  1. Yay for birthday parties! And what a cute cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks. I tease him so much for his mid-western allegiance to football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm glad the part was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated birthday to ethan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...