Monday, June 7, 2010

Temple Hop











Evidence of the 114 degree heat in sleepy Bagan--not ideal for temple-hopping--still shows on my skin, now a reddish brown wash. The crumbling temples were beautiful and full of life: locals beating the heat by napping in the shadows of the cool stony alcoves, families sharing a meal of varied deep-fried vegetables and tea, children laughing and running, and youth touting postcards and laquerware to the few foreigners who passed through. Most of the time, however, I had an entire temple to myself.

5 comments:

  1. Having a temple to yourself sounds ideal. Despite the heat, it looks very relaxing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images are so beautiful. I hope you never get jaded of them. Honestly, this is just heart stopping. The heat is it humid like ours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking photos. I wish I was viewing these sights with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burma is jaw-droppingly beautiful, and the people are very lovely.

    Yoli, I hope I never get tired, never desensitized, to images like this. That would be a pity.

    Thanks for the nice comments, ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...