Monday, June 7, 2010

Temple Hop











Evidence of the 114 degree heat in sleepy Bagan--not ideal for temple-hopping--still shows on my skin, now a reddish brown wash. The crumbling temples were beautiful and full of life: locals beating the heat by napping in the shadows of the cool stony alcoves, families sharing a meal of varied deep-fried vegetables and tea, children laughing and running, and youth touting postcards and laquerware to the few foreigners who passed through. Most of the time, however, I had an entire temple to myself.

5 comments:

  1. Having a temple to yourself sounds ideal. Despite the heat, it looks very relaxing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images are so beautiful. I hope you never get jaded of them. Honestly, this is just heart stopping. The heat is it humid like ours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking photos. I wish I was viewing these sights with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burma is jaw-droppingly beautiful, and the people are very lovely.

    Yoli, I hope I never get tired, never desensitized, to images like this. That would be a pity.

    Thanks for the nice comments, ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...