Saturday, February 13, 2010

Celebrations: Cupid v. Tiger



source: ??? (not me)

This year, Valentine's Day and the Chinese/Lunar New Year (marking the year of the Tiger) both fall on the same day. To celebrate, I am having afternoon tea with the girls, baking Valentine Day treats a la 5th grade, watching a flick at the Portland International Film Festival (yay), and having other Chinese edibles with friends ... all within the course of the weekend.

Below, a few shots from Hong Kong taken during last year's Lunar New Year celebrations. I didn't plan on being in HK for that reason. It was a wonderful coincidence. The firework display was like nothing I have ever seen! After a few days there, I think I developed a crush.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...