Sunday, April 3, 2011

365 days, week #13.

1. It's hot and humid in Phnom Penh. Khmer New Year, marked by a week of holiday, is just around the corner. I am looking forward to leaving the city for a few days, hopefully to cooler climates.

2. While grocery shopping at Natural Garden on Friday afternoon, I placed my basket, full of red bell peppers and radishes, on the floor, and this little guy jumped out, from under the fruit stalls, towards my basket.

3. We entertained at our home on Friday evening, a mix of friends from Cambodia, Australia, New Zealand, Vanuatu, France, Kenya, etc. We even found a grill!! My contribution: I tossed cherry tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion in white balsamic vinegar and olive oil, placed them on skewers and sprinkled pepper and sea salt on them. Simple.

What I didn't capture: the crazy week of meetings and trainings, and more talk about the Asian Development Bank Railway Project. There was also a Khmer wedding. And Rachel. Too much. I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...