Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


Halloween may just be my favorite holiday. In Cambodia, this holiday coincides with the King's Birthday, just another holiday of many in the October month.

Halloween and the King's Birthday brought me back to sleepy Kampot. My American flatmate and Brazilian friend accompanied me. After we fired the share taxi driver when he tried to squeeze two drivers into the small driver's seat for the 3-4 hour journey and my Brazilian friend cursed the driver and his family (literally, as in, "I curse you and your family."), the three of us jumped into a bumpy minivan to the small town.

In Kampot, it rained and the wind blew all day. For the rest of the afternoon and well into evening, we watched the wind stir the river's waters from the veranda, as my flatmate and I sat swaddled in blankets, the house cat squeezed in between the two of us.

The next morning, we caught a share taxi back to Phnom Penh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...