Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Two thoughts


images via Blossom Vintage

Two thoughts tonight.

First: Blossom Vintage is a vintage shop housed in a 1970s Safari Airstream. Isn't that rad?  There's something about the idea of a woman who travels the world and collects vintage dresses that tugs at my heart strings.  I may have to check it out during my overdue trip to Los Angeles in December. 

Second:  It's only Tuesday, but it feels like Thursday, and I wish it was Friday. It must be one of those weeks. Some days, as I'm walking into these meetings with certain government agencies and international organizations, I am struck by the fact that people spend so much time talking, talking, talking in this city- me included!  Months after moving from Thailand, that entire experience still feels so removed.  And some moments--though as the months pass, these moments are less frequest-- I just want to buy a plane ticket to Bangkok or Phnom Penh, just to visit, even if only for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the love! I hope you do get a chance to come out to la in dec & make sure to visit when you do!

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to visit your shop when I'm in LA next. It looks like a gem.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...