Monday, August 26, 2013

Hidden Lives: The Untold Story of Urban Refugees


I found this post about urban refugees in draft form.  I must have started it when I was still living in Bangkok.  Well, it's been some months since I left Thailand and ended my work with urban refugees, but only now is news trickling in about the various cases I worked on.  Some days, like today, I think about the Pakistani, Palestinian, and Syrian families I worked with:  Did the UN grant them refugee status?  Did they have any encounters with the Thai police?  Were they detained?  How are their children?    

And, does the same Rohingya man in the refugee camp still call the office, asking for help? 

This exhibit highlighted a few of our clients' stories.  

Take a look at Hidden Lives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...