Sunday, December 11, 2011

A growing list

all images via Of a Kind

I would be lying if I didn't say that I have had a long list of items I want to pick up when I'm Stateside.  On that list are random household items, little pleasures that make life in Phnom Penh more comfortable: blue corn tortillas, pine nuts, Mexican spices, maybe some GT 1000s Curried Green Tomato Pickles from cheesemonger-store Foster & Dobbs in Portland (oh my goodness, their Fromage D'Affinois sandwich, with a buttery rind cheese, is delicious).

Also on the list are some Erin Considine, Dream Collective and/or Mociun & Krantz pieces.  These may be old news to people in the US, but I have been waiting to see these pieces in person! By the way, the Portland in me digs that Erin Considine uses natural dyes in her work.

This may be my only chance in the next 8-9 months because I will be in Cambodia for most of next year.  As I write this, even I cannot believe it, particularly given the shady stuff that I/we had to deal with this year.  (Umm, hello Govt crackdown on human rights NGOs!) Earlier this year, I was almost certain that I would not return to Cambodia next year.

Life is so strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...