Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On the move.

via Fabien09 flickr

Within the last 2 days before my departure, my computer crashed, aking with it all my files , including a massive document I was attempting to complete. Also my camera is on the fritz. Oh luck.

In any case, I'm making my way to Almaty, Kazakhstan to meet Ethan. While I am super excited to see Kazakhstan, I am equally excited to see Xinjiang province, China, especially Kashgar, which I've been told has a massive, colorful bazaar. I'm hoping to find some nice textiles there.

This three/four week vacation is needed. Cambodia is too intense right now. I need a bit of breathing and thinking room. I feel as if I'm becoming pessimistic.

Last week, a friend, who I met in Mongolia two years ago, wrote to me. He gave me an update on his life, what has transpired in the past two years since our intense chat. He asked what came of my decision to try human rights lawyering in Asia.

Wow. I can't believe how much my life has changed in that period of time.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things will look up for you on the technical side. I would love to see photos of your travels!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...