Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yesterday

That was me, nearly 2 months ago, en route to my 30-hours in Portland, swaddled in my Olympe coat, enjoying the feel of my feet covered in my Barbaraos (i.e., proper shoes), wondering if snow would greet me in the Pacific Northwest, and feeling, above all things, as if I'd slipped back into my old life so seamlessly, like the whole Cambodia thing was a short dream.

Where does time go? It's almost March.

Yesterday, a new friend invited a few of us over to his home to enjoy Kenyan tea (delicious, milky, warm, cinnamon-infused, with ginger) and banana bread. It was a lovely gathering of people from different parts of the world, all of us huddled in the fanned room, each sipping a steaming cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...