Saturday, September 7, 2013

An experiment. Or, dressing like an NGO worker in the District.

Whit dress via

It's September.  How?

In the past week, I've noted that my morning commute requires more than the whisper of a summer dress I usually wear.  The days are getting shorter.  The seasons are changing.

It is my first autumn in the US in four years.  Although summer is definitely one of my favorite seasons, I'm excited to put away my summer frocks for more substantial wear. 

This year, to curb my spending habits, I'm going to try to plan my purchases.  This might be too ambitious a goal. But if I decide upfront what it is I really need and want, maybe I'll be more judicious in my purchases.  I've learned that I don't need a bunch of things in my day-to-day life, but I also really enjoy a beautiful silk dress now and then.  How to balance? 

Maybe this space can help keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...