Thursday, October 27, 2011

Camera Repair and Cats.

I took my camera, which is really old and functions on double A batteries, to a repair shop in Phnom Penh.  The camera repairman took one look, shook his head, and told me there is nothing wrong with it.  I insisted there was indeed something wrong - it dies after, like, 10 shots; the images are blurry; there's an unreasonable delay in the shutter speed- all new ailments.  He placed new batteries in the camera, and we came to a compromise: I have to snap a bunch of pictures until the camera "dies" again.  Then, I can run back to the shop and have it repaired.

Okay.

Here are shots from my day, mostly from lunch. (The last shot is of a vintage dress that is currently undergoing alterations at Russian Market.)  I frequent Soran, a small Japanese restaurant next to Boeung Keng Kang Market, at least once a week for their $4 USD lunch specials, which includes an entree (today: curry and rice), miso soup, a small dish (usually something pickled), tea, and iced coffee.  It's simple food, but it's good food.  More importantly, however, the owner loves cats.  She has three of the fattest cats I've seen in Cambodia, and she even has a few interesting kitty photos hanging in the bathroom. Some friends think it's a little bizarre, but the crazy cat lady in me gets it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...